1. The Government of the Republic of Maldives has received credit from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of Maldives Environmental Management Project (MEMP), and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to eligible payments under the Contract for the Manufacture & Supply of Three (3) Waste Transfer Vessels.
2. The Ministry of Finance and Treasury, on behalf of Ministry of Environment and Energy (the Employer), invites bids from eligible and qualified bidders to the Manufacture & Supply of Three (3) Waste Transfer Vessels.
3. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the World Bank's Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011, and is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Guidelines.
4. A complete set of the Bidding Documents in electronic format may be obtained from Tender Evaluation Section of Ministry of Finance and Treasury, from February 21, 2013 to April 17, 2013 between 0830 hrs and 1430 hrs on all working days, upon payment of a non-refundable fee of MVR 1,500.00 (Maldivian Rufiyaa One Thousand Five Hundred).
5. All bids shall be accompanied by a bid security equivalent to USD 1,000.00 (One Thousand US Dollars) which shall be valid for 28 days beyond the validity of the Bid.
6. Bids shall be valid for a period of 91 days from the date of bid opening and shall be delivered to the Ministry of Finance and Treasury at the address specified below for Bids, on or before 1100 hrs Maldivian time on April 18, 2013, and will be opened at 1100 hrs in the presence of the Bidders who wish to attend the bid opening.
7. Qualification requirements are stated in the Bidding Document. Margin of preference shall not be applicable.
8. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Ministry of Finance and Treasury and Treasury and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below
Mr. Abbas Adil Riza
Tender Evaluation Section
Ministry of Finance and Treasury
Tel: (960) 3349266, (960) 3349106
Fax: (960) 3320706, (960) 3324432
9. This Invitation for Bid is also published in the Ministry of Finance and Treasury website www.finance.gov.mv
MSME Global Mart and MSME Shopping are exclusively meant for MSMEs of India & developing countries to boost export, manufacturing, supply of machines. The website is powered by The National Small Industries Corporation Ltd. - NSIC